SIMetrix/SIMPLIS has three general purpose dialog functions which can be added to schematic symbols, allowing a user to easily edit the parameters used in the model. While this makes it easier for users to interact with the model, adding a parameter editing dialog to your model also allows you to limit user's input values to ranges which are acceptable to the model.
To simplify the creation of the dialogs, SIMPLIS provides a set of dialog definition spreadsheets. These Excel formatted documents make it easy to create dialog definitions and to save these definitions to the symbol. Our latest version of these spreadsheets have an added bonus - the spreadsheets also add the required parameterization to the symbol.
The agenda for this one hour webinar is as follows:
- Brief review of parameterization, covered in the previous webinar: Introduction to Parameterization
- Overview of the three dialog types
- RadioSelectWidgetDialog (covered in previous webinar Programmable Load With Editing Dialog)
- Using dialog definition spreadsheets
- Modifying dialog definitions